Thursday, September 08, 2011

The War On Obama Over The War

I have been doing a LOT of reading this morning about Blacks and the Drug War and what I'm finding is that the Black opinion leaders are going after the President on the subject. Hard. And for the last few months just about continuously. From
Charles Blow at the New York Times to Wilton D. Alston at Lew Rockwell and and a lot of folks in between, I think he will have to shift policy soon under that pressure. My guess is that the policy pivot will come within a few months of the airing of "Prohibition" in early October. Not that I expect any actual change. But even a change in the rhetoric would be welcome. The actual change IMO will come from the Rs. They are a stubborn lot (I can appreciate that) but once they change their minds they will follow through.

No comments: