Saturday, September 24, 2011

Progressives On The March

Forbes Magazine has an interview with Progressive Insurance chairman Peter Lewis.

Our marijuana laws are outdated, ineffective and stupid. I’m not alone in thinking this: Half of Americans believe we should stop punishing people for using marijuana. And not coincidentally, more than half of Americans have used marijuana themselves. I am one of those Americans, and I know firsthand that marijuana can be helpful and that it certainly isn’t cause for locking anyone up.
He goes on to say:
I’ve been conducting a great deal of research on public opinion on marijuana. Change in this area is inevitable, much like the movement toward equal rights for gays and lesbians. An ever shrinking fraction of the country resists changing marijuana laws, largely for moral reasons. But change is coming. It’s just a question of when and how we get there.
According to some of my commenters such moralists don't exist. Some one is living in the wrong universe. It might even be me. But I doubt it.

H/T Drug Policy Forum of Texas

Cross Posted at Classical Values

No comments: