Thursday, June 23, 2011

Palin Uncancels Bus Tour

Yesterday I read with dismay reports that the Palin bus tour was in hiatus. Dang I thought to myself. This is going to play havoc with my prediction of a Juy 4th announcement by Palin that she is running. I could already taste the crow.

Palin's extended hiatus could mean that in spite of her readily apparent "fire in the belly," her family has persuaded her not to further pursue the presidency. Alternatively, it could indicate just the opposite -- that she is plotting her next move and wants to ensure that it is well thought-out -- and that she retains the element of surprise. Indeed, the problem with assessing how Palin's movements figure into her 2012 calculus is that she remains one of the most unpredictable political figures in America -- even to her most trusted aides.

There may be a logical hook for Palin to reassert herself onto the presidential stage: A documentary extolling her record in Alaska, "The Undefeated," is set to premiere in Iowa and other early voting states before its July 15 nationwide release.
All very well and good. Except it isn't so.
Imagine our surprise when reading media reports today that the “One Nation Tour” has been cancelled. Why didn’t anyone tell me? Oh, wait, that’s because it hasn’t been cancelled. (Good ol’ media… you never cease to amaze!)

As I said myself at the end of the east coast leg of the tour, the summer is long, and I’m looking forward to hitting the open road again. The coming weeks are tight because civic duty calls (like most everyone else, even former governors get called up for jury duty) and I look forward to doing my part just like every other Alaskan.

I wouldn’t think it to be such a slow news day that, what with numerous wars and serious economic woes concerning Americans, a bus is driving news stories today. The next leg of the tour continues when the time comes. In the meantime, no one should jump to conclusions – certainly not the media with their long track record of getting things wrong or just making things up.

- Sarah Palin
Very clever Mrs. Palin. The tour is on hiatus but it is not permanent. My July 4th prediction is looking iffy though. Does salt make crow taste better?

And is she going to do an open double cross on the media by mocking them for paying too much attention to her and then when they slack off doing something front page worthy? Another case of Hacksaw Bow coming up?

No comments: